The Technology Department is a unit of Business Services that provides technology leadership for the design, implementation, and support of the district's computing infrastructure. The mission of Technology Services is to deliver customer-focused technical support and services to all schools and district departments.
- The Addams Library Media Center has been completed.
- The 1:1 pilot program at Addam's Middle School is underway.
- A new high performance firewall that supports 10Gbps speeds has been installed.
- A new content filter that support 10Gbps speeds has been installed.
- The district core network speeds have been upgraded to 10/40Gbps
- The core network is now fully redundant
- Network storage capacity has been increased by 96Tb
- The new district app has been rolled out to the community.
- Over 3,700 Chromebooks have been purchased for students.
- All teachers have laptops no older than 4 years.
- 65 Staff members have received new computers.
- 220 interactive projectors have been installed in classrooms across the district.
- The computer lab at Anderson has been upgraded with 36 new computers.
- Our camera system, which consists of over 140 cameras, has been completely updated.
- The Internet speed has been upgraded to 10Gbps.
- Wireless Controllers are now fully redundant.
- Our email system is now in hybrid mode with Office 365.
- All Windows 2003 servers have been upgraded to 2012.
- All Vmware hosts have been upgraded to ESXi 6.
- All Wireless software has been upgraded to the latest stable release.
- All VOIP software has been upgraded to the latest stable release.
- The installation of 74 interactive short throw projectors will be completed by August 2017. When complete, all classrooms will have an installed projector.
- The migration of all iPads into the MDM system is 80% complete.
- The installation of 120 additional wireless access points is scheduled for July 2017.
- The replacement of the computer labs at Roger's Middle School and Twain Elementary School is scheduled for July 2017.
- The replacement of district backup hardware is scheduled for August 2017.
- The replacement of 2 district Vmware hosts is scheduled for August 2017.
- The upgrade of all Server 2008 systems is ongoing.
- The implementation of a district wide endpoint antivirus solution is being considered.
- New projection systems are being installed in the Roger's MPR and Addam's gymnasium.
We are in our third year of utilizing Measure CL funding to enhance the educational opportunities for our students. The presentation below provides a recap of the accomplishments from 2015-2016 in addition to providing a plan and budget for 2016-2017.