Welcome to the Human Resources Department
The LESD Advantage:
- Among the highest paid staff in LA County Elementary School Districts
- Safe work environment
- District-Paid induction to clear your credential
- More than 15 nearby accredited universities and colleges
- Strong academic program with high expectations
- Innovative curriculum with support materials
- Effective use of educational technology
- Well-equipped and maintained schools
- Friendly, caring, competent staff and administration
Renewing your Credential
Interested in Substitute Teaching?
If you are interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher, you can apply on our Edjoin page. Information about obtaining a Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit can be found on the CTC website. LESD pays $140 day-to-day and $155 for long term assignments.
The Lawndale Elementary School District provides fringe benefits to eligible employees. If you have a question about your benefits, please contact your Human Resources Representative.
- United Health Care (HMO) | www.UHC.com | 800-624-8822
- Kaiser (HMO) | www.kaiserpermanente.org | 800-464-4000
- SISC Anthem Blue Cross (PPO) | www.anthem.com | 800-825-5541
- Medical Waiver (contact your Human Resources Representative)
- Delta Dental | www.deltadental.com | 800-765-6003
- DeltaCare (includes partial orthodontic coverage) | www.deltadentalins.com | (888) 335-8227
- Vison Service Plan (VSP) | www.vsp.com | 800-877-7195
- The Hartford | www.thehartford.com
For Forms and Explanations of Benefits: Health and Welfare Benefits
It is never too early to plan for your retirement. Contact your Human Resources Representative to learn about the options available to you.
CalPERS | www.calpers.ca.gov | 888-225-7377
CalPERS is the California Public Employees Retirement System for Classified Employees.
CalSTRS (Certificated Employees) | www.calstrs.com | 800-228-5453
CalSTRS is the California State Teachers' Retirement System for Certificated Employees.
Metlife | www.metlife.com | 949-471-2325
Metlife is a Social Security Alternative (SSA) plan offered to employees not covered under CalPERS/CalSTRS.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union | www.schoolsfirstfcu.org | 800-462-8328
SchoolsFirst is the District's third party administrator for 403(b), 457(b), and other tax sheltered annuities (TSA). Contact your HR Rep to learn more.
Forms and other related documents: Retirement Plans
The volunteer program at Lawndale Elementary School District is designed to encourage parent volunteers, while ensuring that steps are taken to protect the interests of our students. A school volunteer is a person willing to take time to share wisdom and experience with those on the threshold of the future…our students. A school volunteer helps to expand and enrich the students’ learning experiences by working under the direction of teachers and school staff.
Education is a team effort, and volunteers are a very critical part of the school team. Your involvement on our campus tells our students that you are concerned, that you value them as people, and that you want to help them succeed and be the best they can be.
You are probably familiar with the old proverb “It takes a village to raise a child.” We are extremely appreciative of our community resources and thank you for providing your precious time, individual talents, and expertise as a school volunteer.
To get started, please download the Prospective Volunteer Packet. Should you have any questions, please contact your school site's Community Liaison.