Categorical Programs Overview
The Coordinator implements state and federal categorical programs. The coordinator advises and assists principals, teachers, and parents participating in such programs. Provides leadership, planning, budget control and evaluation of school and district plans. Coordinates the research, planning, development, preparation, submission, fiscal reporting, implementation and evaluation of specially funded programs/projects.
These programs include:
- Title I School Improvement
- Title II- Teacher Quality and Technology
- Title III- Limited English Proficient
These programs are applied for through the Consolidated Application for categorical funding, which is submitted to the California Department of Education (CDE).
English Language Learner Programs Overview
The English Learner Program supports and promotes academic and linguistic excellence for English learners in the Lawndale Elementary School District. Our goals are to:
- Implement and support programs that provide differentiated instruction based on students’ academic and language needs, including English Language Development (ELD), Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English (SDAIE), and primary language support
- Develop communicative and academic second language proficiency
- Engage and support every student in learning English and reaching their highest potential in all academic content areas
- Support school site leadership, teachers, and staff in promoting best practices to meet the instructional needs of EL’s
- Instill an appreciation for cultural and linguistic diversity